Wednesday, September 5, 2007

First Father's Day!!

My first father's day started nice and early as I had to start work at 6. I had a pretty good day with lots of workmates wishing me a happy first father's day. I also received a number of good wishes in the form of sms.

I got home and Max was in his bouncer and having a bit of a whinge whilst Jo was slaving away in the kitchen working on a awesome home made lasagna. Max and I had a bit of couch time in which Max had a few small smiles at dad and then promptly went to sleep for the next 3 hours or so.

Before dinner I received all my goodies including two lolly necklace thingy's. I can't never remember what they are called but it is a thing they do at church on big occasions. I also got the new Paul Kelly album which I am enjoying even as I write this here blog.

The most touching gift I got though was the very cool card that Jo and Max made. It had Max's foot and hand prints on the front and inside. From what Jo was saying Max did not think having bits of his body covered in paint was not all that cool. It was a very cool card that was more of a letter than a card with how much my family appreciates what I do. It was really touching and humbling.

After a feed Max settled down and we had a wonderful home cooked lasagna with salad and garlic bread. We finished up with chocolate tart and ice cream.

It was a very memorable first father's day. I can't wait till next year!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I see that Australia and US father's days are at different times of the year. Interesting.

AndrewWrites said...

Dude, a whole paragraph on what you ate....ha ha ha! Classic.