Monday, July 9, 2007

Green lights for go!

I know there are a lot of scary and intimidating things about having your first child (people have been telling us horror stories about long and painful labours and the first few sleepless weeks and various things that have gone wrong), but one of the main things that was worrying me was more to do with timing.

My youngest sister had chosen the auspicious date of the 7/07/07 for her wedding well before we found out about the arrival of the peanut and calculated its due date. Once we realised that those dates were only 5 days apart I was a bit concerned that I may have had to leave halfway through the ceremony or may even not make it at all. Cam was even hoping that my waters would break right in the middle of the bible readings that my sister had asked me to do, or something equally dramatic.

However, thankfully everything went perfectly on the day and the peanut showed no signs of arriving early to spoil their special day. Now that that milestone has passed, Cam and I are about as ready as we can be for the peanut to make his or her way into the world so that we can finally meet them.

So congratulations to my sister and new brother, and bring on the peanut!

1 comment:

the_BIG_kahuna61 said...

Bring on the peanut! Jo, Cam, praying for a wonderful and safe and joyous delivery, guys! This is HEAPS exciting! We're looking forward to welcome the little one, and sharing in the celebration of God's blessing in your lives with the arrival of "the little little kahuna" or "tllk" :o) Love ya's both!