Friday, October 9, 2009

Max Da Playa

We knew the time would come when a young lady caught Max's eye we just didn't think that it would only be when he just two. But twice this week I have had encounters with Max and his "friend".

I went to Baby Jail (Day Care) on Monday to pick Max up and saw him sitting on a retaining wall near the garden with a girl who had his most beloved blue teddy. I asked him to introduce me and he just smiled and giggled. It was almost like "Dad you're embarrassing me" I told her that she was very lucky to be cuddling his teddy because he is normal pretty protective of him. She smiled and said "Max's teddy". As we were leaving he went over and asked for his teddy by saying "Max Teddy pease". She gave up the bear pretty easily. On the way out I asked Max what his new friend's name was he said Jenny. It turns out that is not actually her name but for anonymity we will keep at that.

Today I go pick Max up and they had lost his shoes but as we left he had to go say goodbye to Jenny. So after saying goodbye to her we continued to walk down the path with the playground beside it. Jenny ran up and said "Bye Max" and tilted her head to her shoulder very cutely. Max slipped his hand gently out of mine and went to say goodbye again.

They then spent the next couple of minutes whispering to each other and giggling gently on either side of the fence. I said to Max "C'mon mate we need to go" he would take one step and then go back to saying goodbye to Jenny. I let them talk to each other for another minute and told Max we have to go. He turned to me and said "Say bye to Jenny". I told Max we have to go. Jenny then smiled at me and reached down and picked up a leaf and handed it to Max. I said Max we really need to go. He then moved in to give her a peck but his head would not fit through the bars. He then started to walk towards me but kept looking at her.

He then ran up to me quite happily and kept saying bye Jenny all the way to the car and I could hear her calling out "Bye Max" it was very cute.

It was so very cute and I wish I had video because I know no one would probably believe what I have just described. All we can say is that obviously the fruit does not fall far from the tree and he has his fathers way of attracting the ladies attention. I fear that he will loose that ability soon for a very long time just like his dear Dad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you will have to stop reading him Mills & Boon and get back to Thomas
Pa

Theresa said...

Isn't it amazing the little friendships they form at this age. Nathaniel has a friend Daniel at the centre. They have been going on the same days for over a year now and whenever there is one there is the other. They even save one another a seat on the carpet for story time. Very cute!