Saturday, May 23, 2009

Yo Gabba Gabba!

This morning Max and I (through a very well-connected Daddy) scored good seats at the first live show of Yo Gabba Gabba, which is a kid's TV show. Although neither of us was really looking forward to going (me because, well, watch some of their clips :)) and Max because he is a bit too young to explain that that's what we were about to see. He was excited about going in to visit Daddy at work and going to a concert, even though he didn't really know what that was!

I think we were both pleasantly surprised when the show started. They had a live band who played well, and the show was bright and colourful and had a good pace so that Max never got bored. For the first 10 or 15 minutes he just sat still on my lap and watched both the stage and the audience spellbound, since it was like nothing he had ever seen before, plus he recognised the characters from the TV show.


At intermission Daddy came in to check how Max was liking it, and we went for a walk down to the stage and the drumkit, which Max was very impressed by. During the next part of the show we went down in front of the stage for a while again, but this only made Max upset because he wasn't allowed actually onto the stage with the 'teddies'. He did enjoy the rest of the show from our seats though.
I DON'T want a cuddle Daddy! I want to play the drums!

Special guest Darren from Powderfinger doing the 'Roo-bot' dancy-dance



As a special bonus, due to Daddy's good connections with the event organisers, after the show we were allowed backstage to meet the characters from the show. We thought Max may have been scared by the big characters in their colourful suits, but he loved them instantly and had to be dragged away from them so that others could get their photos taken with them. He had no hesitations about going right up to the show characters ('cuddles!', 'teddies!'), but was quite shy and hesitant about meeting Daddy's other work friends in their uniforms.



Great timing from Daddy meant that he could be in the photos as well. Thanks to everyone who helped us get there and make it a fun time for Max!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh I am so jealous... I love YGG and they are not coming to Adelaide:(
I would have loved to have taken Nate to go and watch the show!

Kym F said...

Cammy!!! I don't know what to say! It's only taken me 3 days for the rumor mill to catch me. It feels like death of a family member. I hope to see you again, but in case...
Thank you for your time, help and most importantly your friendship all these years. I am missing you already. Please call me if you get a chance (3308 3148) all the best for you and your family. - Kym F