Thursday, December 13, 2007

Good news!

The last week or so has been fairly quiet for the Batkin family. There are a couple of reasons for this, all of which are good.

Firstly, Max has slept uninterrupted through the entire night, twice now! We usually put him to bed around 7pm, and twice so far he has slept until 5am, which counts as morning and is the earliest time I will let Max get out of bed. I've stopped feeding him during the night, so if he does wake before 5 it's usually not for long and he goes back to sleep fairly quickly sucking his dummy. Hopefully this is a trend that will continue to increase, and I can go back to those days (which seem so long ago) when I can rely on getting a good uninterrupted night's sleep myself.

The second reason for things being fairly quiet is that Cam has started a new job and is quite busy at work. He is still at the Convention Centre, but after a number of years working as a Floor Coordinator, he has now been promoted to Event Planning Manager! Congratulations Cam! This job involves Monday to Friday work and regular hours, which will make it much easier for us to plan things in advance and to get away for the weekend now and then. It's also a step up for Cam, although it involves new challenges and will take some time to settle into.

One more item of good news is that we took Max to get weighed last week, and he now comes in at a hefty 8.8kgs. He seems to be getting longer rather than rounder, and is even starting to look a bit stretched in some of his 00 size clothes. Mine and Cam's arms are both increasing in muscle as Max increases in weight, as I'm sure you can imagine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huzzah! That is all great news! Even though I don't have kids, the friends I am staying with have three boys 3yrs and under...so I've had my fair share of late-night wake-ups! Andris, the baby, just turned 4 months old and only weighs about 13 pounds now...of course, he was almost two months premature...

Way to go, Cam, on the promotion! You will do wonderfully...let those creative juices flow! And now I can better plan a time to call, hehe. :)

Love you all!
~Kenna~

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the job Cam, I'm very excited for you!!
And congratulations all round on the sleeping through! Amelie does it occassionally, but it seems to be more luck than habit!! Because it is random I usually end up waking up at 3am anyway and lie awake waiting for her to wake....doh!

Lyd.

AndrewWrites said...

8.8 kgs...surely that makes him one of the biggest?!?!

Deeleea said...

That's excellent news!!! I do hope, when your weekends away include Sydney that you'll let me know...

Though I am due a visit to Brisbane sometime this year...